Landlord insurance

From building or contents cover to liability insurance and loss of rent protection, it's important you have the right level of cover for your own peace of mind.

We're here to help

We're here to help

Whether you’re just starting your buy-to-let portfolio or expanding an established one, there's a lot to think about. That’s why at Aldermore we can assist with the sourcing of your insurance; making protecting your investment a quick and hassle free process.

Make sure you're covered

Whilst there is no legal requirement to take out a landlord insurance policy, most mortgage lenders do require their landlords to have a specific insurance policy in place.

Additionally, landlord insurance policies are designed to offer cover which is tailored to your needs.

Choose from a range of landlord insurance options

  • Building Insurance covers your property against damage caused by major events such as fire, flooding, explosions and falling trees.
  • Contents Insurance covers any furnishings and contents that will remain within the rental property such as carpets, curtains and blinds. Tenants’ possessions should be covered by a separate policy.
  • Loss of Rent covers you in the event that you suffer a loss of rental income because your rental property cannot be occupied or accessed.
  • Landlord Liability covers your legal liability for injury or death suffered by an individual on your property
  • Accidental Damage insures you against costs incurred by unexpected events that cause damage to a property beyond expected wear and tear.