What happens if I exceed my Personal Savings Allowance?

POSTED: 29th June 2017
IN: Personal Savings FAQs

If the interest you earn is more than your Personal Savings Allowance, HMRC will normally collect the tax by changing your tax code in the PAYE system. If you fill in a Self Assessment tax return you should carry on doing this as normal. Further information is available on the HMRC website.

Useful links for Personal Savings customers

  • Personal Savings
  • FAQ