Can I make withdrawals or close my Help to Buy: ISA at any point?

IN: Personal Savings FAQs

Yes, this can be requested online at any time. Your funds will be returned to your nominated account and you can use these funds as you choose, including towards the deposit for your first home. If you are purchasing your first property, you will need to present these to your eligible conveyancer and instruct them to apply for your Government bonus. Once they receive the Government bonus, it will be added to the money you are putting towards your first home. The bonus must be included with the funds consolidated at the completion of the property transaction. The bonus cannot be used for the deposit due at the exchange of contracts, to pay for solicitor’s, estate agent’s fees or any other indirect costs associated with buying a home.

The bonus you receive when you complete on the purchase of your property will be based on the balance of your account at closure. You will need to have a minimum closing balance of £1,600 to receive a Government bonus. You will not be able to claim a bonus on any previously withdrawn funds.

More FAQs


  • Personal Savings
  • FAQ
  • ISA