Property Development Finance - FAQs

Who do you lend to?

We can consider lending to experienced property developers including individuals, sole traders, partnerships, limited liability partnerships (LLPs), limited companies and public limited companies (PLCs).

We do not lend on offshore companies (except those registered in the Channel Islands and Isle of Man), clubs or associations.

What kind of developments do you support?

We support refurbishment, conversion, and new build residential for either sale or rent, purpose-built student accommodation and mixed used, and commercial pre-let or sold developments located in England, Wales, and mainland Scotland. 

Standard construction methods such as brick and block, steel and timber frames are required but we will also consider other alternatives including Modern Methods of Construction (MMC).

What type of security do you require?

Property located in England, Wales, and mainland Scotland.

First Legal Charge over freehold and leasehold property (leaseholds to have a minimum of 80 years remaining at completion of the development works) and debentures (where appropriate).

What guarantees do you require?

We require suitable guarantees, typically limited to 20% of the facility amount. Collateral warranties are required for loans excess of £2mn.

Subject to status. Security may be required. Any property or asset used as security may be at risk if you do not repay any debt secured on it.