- We guarantee to pay the interest rates shown (or the higher rates if we’ve increased them) provided that we receive your completed account opening form and opening deposit within 10 business days. After this time, we’ll pay the prevailing rate on the day that we receive them
- You’ve 20 business days from the date of application to make deposits into your account. After this 20 business day period all further deposits will be rejected and returned to you without interest. For deposits received via Faster Payments, BACS, CHAPS or Direct Debit, interest will be earned from the date on which we receive your money and for deposits received by cheque, interest will be earned from the second business day after receipt
- You should keep at least £1,000 in your account at any one time (a gross interest rate of 0.50% will be paid on balances below this amount)
- You simply need to be aged 18 years or over, resident in the UK and only liable to pay tax in the UK
- You cannot make any withdrawals or close your account before the maturity date (however, please contact us in the event of hardship)
To view full terms and conditions please click here
Fees and charges
You won't have to pay any fees or charges, although there may be a small charge for non-standard services - check our tariff of charges for more details.
Managing your account with us is simple and straightforward - and we're always on hand to help if you've any questions. Here's how it works:
- Once you've opened your account with us, we'll send you a welcome pack, usually within five business days, with all the details you'll need to manage your account
- If you open an account online, you can log into your account to view and print a statement at any time and we will make a Section 975 Certificate available in internet banking shortly after the start of each tax year.
If you open an account over the telephone or by post, we will send your statement and Section 975 Certificate by post once a year, usually in April.
- Want to check your account details and rates? Just login whenever you like
- Contact us whenever you need to - either via our UK-based call centre on 0345 604 2678, or by emailing email@example.com. Click here for our opening hours
- Your account will mature on the anniversary of the date we receive your opening deposit. We’ll write to you personally a few weeks earlier with a simple, easy-to-understand guide to all your maturity options
- No need to worry about bonus rates dropping off: there are no hidden bonuses or introductory offers - just consistently competitive rates