What happens next
We will do everything we can to resolve your complaint as soon as we can.
For more complex issues we may need more time to investigate your concerns. If this is the case, we will:
- Write to let you know we have received your complaint, and then
- Provide you with a response to the issues you've raised as soon as possible. Our complaints procedure allows us eight weeks to do this, but we will do our best to get back to you within four weeks
If we can't respond to the issue within four weeks
We'll contact you to explain why that has not been possible, and when we will contact you again.
Once our final response is made
If you have any concerns please do get back in touch. In the vast majority of cases we are able to resolve issues directly with our customers. However, if you still feel your complaint has not been dealt with satisfactorily, you will then have the option of contacting the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
We will send you a leaflet detailing the FOS complaints procedure with our response. If you remain dissatisfied, you have up to six months from the date of our response letter to refer your complaint to the FOS.
Due to the nature of some of the services we provide, some our customers will be ineligible to refer their complaint to the FOS. If this is the case, when we write to you to provide you with our final decision we will provide you with details of the appropriate Alternative Dispute Resolution body who will be able to consider your complaint. For Asset Finance customers the Alternative Dispute Resolution body will be the Finance and Leasing Association and for Invoice Finance customers this will be the Asset Based Finance Association.
Further details can be found in our How We Handle Complaints leaflet
To contact the Financial Ombudsman Service:
Financial Ombudsman Service
Tel: 0800 023 4567
Putting customers first is our top priority, so, when things go wrong, we will do our best to put things right.
To support transparency, and in accordance with the FCA’s requirements, Aldermore, like other financial institutions, publish complaints information every six months on:
- The number of complaints we have received;
- The number of complaints we have resolved;
- How many of the complaints we resolved were answered within 8 weeks; and
- How many of the complaints we resolved were upheld in the customer’s favour.
Our complaints data can be found below: