Finance Lease. A flexible way to finance
A finance lease helps you keep your options open when you acquire an asset, by not committing yourself to ownership.
So if it's flexible financing you're after, our finance leasing facility could be the way forward.
How does finance leasing work?
We buy and own the asset and you enter into an agreement to hire it from us at an agreed rental over a set period. This may be a more tax efficient way for you to have use of the asset.
You also have the option to retain use and possession of the asset when the lease contract ends - potentially at a price agreed at the start of the lease period. Alternatively, you can sell the equipment for and on behalf of the leasing company and retain the vast majority of the sale proceeds as a rebate of rentals.
- Low up-front costs - you pay a small deposit and can use the asset immediately
- Flexible repayment structure - rental payments can be tailored to match your cash flow
- Fixed or variable interest options - you decide which suits you best
- Tax advantages - as well as reclaiming VAT, you may be able to claim capital allowances and also offset repayment interest against profits (special rules apply to cars)
At the end of a leasing agreement, the asset is sold and you receive the major share of the proceeds. As the asset owner, we claim and reflect any available writing-down allowances on the asset purchase in lower monthly lease payments.
Assets you can typically acquire with a finance lease
- Fork lift trucks / aerial work platforms
- Construction equipment
- Cars and vans
- Buses and coaches
- Plant and machinery
- Agricultural equipment
- Information Technology & Office Equipment
To apply for asset financing, or to find out how
it can help your business grow, contact our expert team on 0333 321
4000 or email BusinessLendingDirect@aldermore.co.uk.
Get in touch
Call us on
0333 321 4000
Contact us today to find out how we can help your business succeed
Award Winning Banking
We've been recognised for our service and products!View Awards
Business Savings Accounts
Open an account in just 15 minutes. Easy to manage online.Find out more