Asset Finance FAQs
- How do I apply?
Simply call us on 0333 321 4000 or email BusinessLendingDirect@aldermore.co.uk and we'll get back to you and start to move your application along.
- What information must I provide?
- Please refer to the Lending Criteria; the information we need varies according to the size/status of your business and whether or not you are a member of the Independent Operators Association (IOA). Please call us if you need further help or advice on what you need to provide.
- What are you going to be looking for by asking for my bank statements?
- As a responsible lender, we want to ensure that you can meet the loan repayments. Loan repayments are met from cashflow not profits and seeing your latest bank statements helps us to assess whether your business is generating enough money to repay the loan. It also helps us to see how you conduct your account. We would not expect to see bounced cheques or returned direct debits but appreciate that sometimes this happens and would require a good explanation for such occurrences.
- Who do you lend to?
We are happy to consider applications from experienced business operators including sole traders, partnerships, limited liability partnerships and limited companies. Aldermore offers attractive pricing and will treat your application on its own merits, taking into account the strength of your business, your experience and plans for the future, to determine how much interest you are charged. This means your finance is tailored to your needs.
- What checks are you going to do to decide if you will provide the loan?
- We will check your financial background, current business performance and your credit report with Experian. It may be possible to help you if you have made some late or missed payments but these will need to be investigated and a satisfactory explanation documented. If an IVA (Individual Voluntary Arrangement), CVA (Company Voluntary Arrangement) or bankruptcy shows on the credit search, we will not be able to help you.
- What condition do the assets need to be in?
- The assets must be fit for purpose, in a new or acceptable condition, with any operators and Health and Safety Certificates required for its operation.
- Will you need to visit my business?
- This is not essential but we do like to establish a rapport and an understanding of your business; visiting you helps us to do this. We are unlikely to visit you unless you wish to borrow a large amount.
- How much can I borrow?
£5,000 to £1 million.
- Can I borrow all of the value of the asset?
- On new assets, Loan to Value (LTV) can be up to 100% of the invoice amount excluding VAT. On second-hand assets, LTV can be up to 80% of the value.
Get in touch
Call us on
0333 321 4000
Contact us today to find out how we can help your business succeed