Based on feedback from our customers, we have defined three brand pillars – our foundation stones to help us build a bank that acts differently through our products, service and behaviours.
In financial services, products available from different banks can look similar. At Aldermore, we stand out because of the exceptional and personal service we provide. We’ll always do what’s right for our customers.
- Convenient banking by phone, online and face to face
- No branches or queues to worry about
- We scour the market to check how we’re doing against others
- We consistently seek new ways of doing things to make banking better
- Our people are always happy to talk and help
- Our people have in-depth knowledge of all our products and services
- Every customer request is important to us, so we keep it on record
- Where possible, our managing directors personally contact customers who have a serious complaint
As a relatively new bank, we’re not weighed down with legacy issues. We can be absolutely open and transparent about how we operate. We’ve nothing to hide and never try to trick customers into taking out a product they don’t need – what they see is what they get.
- Clear, consistent product pricing
- Published ratings and unedited customer reviews on our website
- Straightforward business structure
- People you can speak to if anything needs explaining
- We keep customers and brokers fully informed
- We always tell you when things change
- Where we can, we tell customers where our rates can be compared
Many people think that banks have lost touch with their customers. At Aldermore, we’re a British bank with a difference. We play our part in helping make Britain great by taking our British based saver deposits and lending these out to homeowners and small businesses across the country. We also aim to give something back to our communities – whether that’s providing our quarterly SME Cost Inflation Report to our SME community or giving something back to our local supporters through our fundraising efforts.
- The deposits we look after are only ever loaned in the UK
- Our people and premises are located in the UK, close to the communities we serve
- We enthusiastically support UK government schemes, such as Help to Buy
- Our own culture mirrors that of other SMEs, so we understand the needs of our customers’ communities
- Our partnership with Visionpath Education and their SKILL! programme supports young entrepreneurs in schools to develop core skills for the future
> Find out more about our support for the communities we operate in.